Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)

Sweet Dreams  - Kristen Ashley "Two kinds of women get under your skin. The ones who do damage, they don't feel good there but once you're fuckin' stupid enough to let them in you got no choice but to take the time it takes to work them out. Then there are the ones who don't do damage, who feel good there, feed the muscle, the bone, the soul, not rip it or break it or burn it. The ones you don't wanna work out."

Was he saying what I thought he was saying?

"Tate--"

"You get me?" he asked.

"I don't know," I answered honestly but even I heard the hint of hope in those three words, probably because it was me who felt that hope.

"You will," he promised.

******

And boy does Tate deliver on that promise! I'm new to the Kristen Ashley train (having read only one of her books prior to Sweet Dreams), but let me tell you, I now know what all the fuss it about. It seems to me, Ms. Ashley has a formula -- and one that must be working remarkably well if the high reviews of her books is any indication.

A smart heroine who has fears, problems, and insecurities. Laurie is a woman we can all relate to. The mega alpha hero, badass biker bounty hunter, who is so rough around the edges, so frustrating in all his flaws (and he has them), that you think there's no way you can love him. But you do. When he's bad, he is soooo bad. But when he's good, Tate is that damn good! There's a motley crew of secondary characters (good and bad) who are all brought to life. Ms. Ashley has a fabulous way of making characters real.

About halfway through, I got bored. All was going great between our H/h, there wasn't anything crazy going on, and all I wanted to know was who the serial rapist/killer was. But I think this was the calm before the storm because after twenty pages of yawn-worthy material, I found myself sucked back in...and I stayed there all the way through the end!

I felt so satisfied by the time I read that last word. Ms. Ashley doesn't only tell a story, she tells a complete one. We don't get just Tate & Laurie's struggle to become a couple. We get the challenges they face as a couple. The commitment that grows between them. A love that isn't forced in a few pages, but comes naturally as it should. The anguish when things went wrong. The fear and desperation towards the end. I laughed a lot. I cried a lot. I smiled the smile of a happy reader as Tate & Laurie's journey came full circle.

Sweet Dreams has earned a prestigious spot as one of my cherished favorites. I know I'll revisit them again. I won't be able to help myself because it really is that special. And speaking of special, I'll leave you with one of my favorite Tate quotes...

"You said you were waitin' for something special and he took away your chance to figure out that you were carryin' it with you all this time. YOU are special, Laurie."

And I think you're pretty special, too, Tate. xoxo