Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!
Defying the Odds - Kele Moon Once upon a time, there was a waitress, on the run from an abusive ex-husband, who landed in the small town of Garnet. Garnet grew UFC fighters like little towns in Texas grows football players. One cold Thanksgiving night, Melody buys the biggest, baddest UFC fighter of them all, a piece of pumpkin pie.

That pie changes their lives.

Defying the Odds made me all-kinds of happy! Some may find Melody's openness about being on-the-run unrealistic, but I found it incredibly smart. She alerts the police, and those around her, of what's going on. It takes a lot of courage to do that when the responses to domestic violence can be less than ideal. She pushes herself to overcome her fears. And when she has panic attacks, she's quick to realize what caused them. In a nutshell, Melody aches to be "normal" and is striving for that place even while running from a monster.

Clay is a dream. Really. He's the reigning UFC heavyweight champion known as Powerhouse. He is intimidating, gruff, and not without his own commitment issues. It was cute watching him become so smitten with her. Neither of them want to fight what's between them, and Clay, in particular, vows not to let the past be an issue with Melody.

The romance is sweet, the chemistry is sizzling, but the story isn't overrun with a bunch of unneeded hot-and-heaviness. Clay has magic fingers *sigh*, a talented mouth *double-sigh*, and a smokin'-hot way with words during sex...

"Go ahead." Clay's voice turned low and gravelly with sex. "Use it; fuck it. It belongs to you; own it."

Melody's gaze became molten, the pink sheen of morning painting itself over her flushed skin. She licked her lips, looking awed. "Is that true?"

"Yes," he assured her without hesitation. "I thought I was broken too, that I'd never trust women, but I had it all wrong. I wasn't broken at all. I was just waiting for you. It's always been yours; even before we met, it belonged to you."

Clay wasn't real sure if they were talking about his heart or his cock, but it didn't seem to matter.

Now, if that doesn't make you want to read this book, I don't know what will. The man is luscious!

Clay's friends, Wyatt and Jules, are pretty comical. I hope they get their own books!