Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!
The Courage to Heal Workbook: A Guide for Women and Men Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse - Laura   Davis
When you’re ready, THE COURAGE TO HEAL WORKBOOK is an amazing resource to have on your healing journey. I began the work in this book two years ago at the start of my own journey and with the guidance of a rape crisis counselor. The important thing for you to know is that this book isn’t limited to helping only survivors of child sexual abuse. I’m a survivor of intimate partner rape, and it wasn't hard to substitute my own experiences into the material.

As you can imagine, it isn’t an easy book to work through. It is setup in steps to guide you through your healing. Personal stories, and encouragement, are interlaced with sections of questions that demand you be honest with yourself. At first, the questions were jarring – especially if you’ve kept it a secret or refused to talk/think about it in detail. Push through it, but be gentle with yourself. It took me a long time to do the work. I stopped and put it away so many times I thought I'd never finish. But I did, and I'm glad I did. I even read it a 2nd time.

I strongly encourage you to go through this book with a counselor/therapist, or someone you trust. It helps to not be alone with your thoughts and emotions. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak. You’ve already survived events no person should ever have to go through. You are brave. You are strong. You CAN heal…and you deserve to.