Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) - Sylvia Day When I began Bared to You, I promised myself I would go into it with an open mind and without any preconceived notions as to what I would find within its pages. Obviously, I'm referring to all the references of this book resembling the Fifty Shades Trilogy. I'm not into picking books apart and looking for things wrong with them. I have immense respect for writers and their creative process. A well-known and successful writer once told me, "Every idea has already been written. It's up to the writer to take an idea and give it new life." I truly believe that and always give writers a creative pass. But I also try to give anyone reading my reviews a fair and honest opinion.

It has been over a month -- and 13 books -- since I've read the Fifty Shades Trilogy. So this review isn't coming on the heels of reading it and no amount of time between reading them would result in a different review.

From the moment Eva and Gideon meet, Bared to You followed the Fifty Shades formula. A young woman beginning a new life in a new city meets and is dazzled by a young, charismatic, over-the-top gorgeous bazillionaire. Gideon's business success far surpasses the majority of men twice his age. He has his hand in a multitude of ventures. With each chapter there seemed to be a revelation, scene, or character that mirrored Fifty Shades. I found this so jarring that it continued to pull me out of the story.

Gideon and Eva are both tortured and their need to find happiness with each other is what ultimately propelled me to the end. Their chemistry was genuine, but the emotion seemed forced at times. Almost as if "X" number of pages went by and Deeper in You releases later this year.

***WARNING*** I wouldn't be giving an honest review if I didn't share this. If you are a survivor of any sexual abuse, there are scenes in this book that can be triggering. One particular scene, later in the book, took me off-guard and hit me hard. Just please read with that knowledge at take any necessary steps to care for yourself if/when it happens.