Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!

Facade (Games, #2)

Facade (Games, #2) - Nyrae Dawn Ladies, if you like your guys smart, introspective, and tortured, you need to read this book. I never in a million years would've guessed it in book 1, but Adrian's suffering from PTSD. His past, the traumas that he endured as a child and young man, OMG it broke my heart. I knew in Charade that there was so much more to this guy.

Delaney, sweet girl, isn't without her own problems. She's clearly codependent; she has an overwhelming need to fix everyone in her life. It's how she copes after the events that tore her family apart at the seams. Her past and Adrian's are linked. I cannot tell you how, but you find out pretty early-on in the book. I wish she hadn't waited so long to reveal things to him, but I understood her hesitation, too. You can't really know what you would do unless you were in her situation.

There's a twist at the end that I kinda saw coming. There were signs in the beginning that made me wonder, but then I swept them aside because I thought I was reading too much into it. When the twist came, it still floored me because the scene nearly ripped my heart out!

There's plenty of great chemistry between Adrian and Delaney. He's such a total player, yet, you know it's different for him with her. Loved his nickname Delaney! And really enjoyed seeing Cheyenne and Colt (from Charade) again; they're so cute!

Nyrae's an amazing writer. She never fails to pull me right into her stories!