Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!
Fury - Laurann Dohner 4 stars!

Fury is a great start to a series that I’m anxious to continue! In a secret Mercile Industries testing facility, human beings are being genetically-altered with animal DNA. These test subjects are injected with drugs to enhance strength, to make them bigger, to fight harder, be faster, and heal quicker. Cruelty and abuse are part of their daily lives.

I realize that the premise isn't exactly original. I knew just by reading the description that I stood of chance of hating this series because of its similarities to Lora Leigh's Breeds series. That didn't happen! Laurann Dohner made this her own in every way! I didn't get wrapped up drawing comparisons, instead, I got lost in the world Dohner created.

I dare you to read this book and not be wowed by Ellie's survivor instincts. The woman is put through hellish obstacles throughout Fury. She's forced to kill, is nearly raped, and just when I thought she'd catch a break--something else happened! She's caring, gentle, understanding and brave. She's the type of woman the NS learn to trust and feel comfortable with.

Fury is the ultimate alpha hero! God, he's intense and scary (definitely at first), loyal, protective, and even sweet. Once he and Ellie got some misunderstandings cleared away, they were a fabulous together. Their chemistry will make you squirm, and while there's plenty of sex, it doesn't overtake the story. Ellie & Fury have it rough being the first New Species/Human couple, though. I was annoyed by how many times Fury was accused of hurting her.

Fury grabbed my attention and wouldn't let me go until I'd finished it. Even now, two days later, and I'm still thinking about the book, its characters, and what's ahead for the New Species. Fury laid the groundwork for the series beautifully. Despite the seriousness of the plot, Dohner did a fantastic job weaving humor in to break-up the intensity.

Bottom Line: Read it, if for no other reason than all the New Species testosterone. Those guys are delicious! :-)