Okay, babes, let's get the negatives out of the way.
1. Lucie has some body image issues. Issues that she never fully overcomes by the end of the book, and that is a huge
2. There's an overabundance of cheesy lines--in bed and out.
3. Reid has low self-worth and that causes him to say a really asinine thing to the heroine.
4. I felt let down after all the build-up to his fight and then I didn't get to "see" it!
5. The ending is corny, but cute.
Now, the hard part is out of the way and I can tell you what I did like!
1. Lucie may be clueless, but she's a good woman. My feelings are that after losing her parents at such a young age and marrying an asshat in college, that she never was able to develop confidence in herself.
2. For every cheesy line, there was a good one around the corner. Which prompts me to mention my love of Reid's mouth...and thumbs. Still thinking about that!
3. Reid's low self-worth comes from having a bitterly jealous father and a mother who abandoned them. I was happy to see that his character grew in the end of the story. Even more thrilled when his father tentatively extended an olive branch.
4. Okay, so we didn't get to see the fight, but we learned the results and the choice Reid makes about his professional future. By the way, Reid has many talents, and a clear passion, other than fighting.
5. Nothing makes me happier than when a hero pays (and in this case literally) for doing the wrong thing! It was a sweet, fairytale ending.
• 3.5 stars!