Certified Bed Reader...

...willing to go all night!

Wild Man (Dream Man, #2)

Wild Man (Dream Man, #2) - Kristen Ashley "I can't make any promises about where this is gonna go but what I can do is give you me, keep you safe while you walk on the wild side and work my ass off to do what I can so this never goes bad for you."..."That's all I got to give, babe, but I'll also tell you the only thing I'll take is what you're willing to give back except you need to give me what that asshole left in you so you don't have to carry it around anymore."

The surprise of all surprises, I didn't dislike Brock! In Mystery Man, I thought he was, hands-down, a jerk. What I discovered is there are many things to like about Brock Lucas! He's, what I'm coming to discover, is a typical Kristen Ashley alpha hero. Brock is passionate; he fights with passion, and he loves with passion. I appreciated those qualities in him, but found I wasn't enamored with Brock as I've been with other KA heroes (eh-hem, Tate).

It's safe to say, Tess is what makes this book memorable. I felt an immediate connection with her. The strength Tess has is remarkable, and I loved how she didn't play games. Tess opened her heart to Brock, took a chance on a man few thought was worth it, and she didn't look back. Not once. Brock & Tess, their relationship, is likely the most functional I've seen depicted in romance. They are dynamite together; both refusing to be anything but completely honest.

As always, the secondary characters helped bring depth to the story. Brock's family, while irritating at times, were often humorous and captivating (in a train-wreck you can't look away from kind of way, LOL). Ladies from the previous book make an appearance, and there's plenty of cosmos for everyone!

4.5 stars